Firefly² Takes Vaping to New Heights
Switching Firefly² from loose leaf to concentrate is a snap. There’s no screen needed for loose leaf. For concentrates, simply add in the concentrate pad from your Firefly² kit, drop a rice grain-sized amount on it, switch your heating profile to “concentrates” and get ready for lift off.
As a bonus, the design makes for very little, if any, smell. I gave the Firefly² the movie theater test and it passed like gangbusters. Back row tested. Back row approved. And the glow from the bowl along with the green indicator light are easily concealed.
The Firefly² is super easy to clean. The cleaning kit consists of alcohol wipes, a multi-head brush and plastic toothpick-like tools to get out errant leaf. The magnetic lid and the top of the device just need a quick wipe down along with the bowl. The mouthpiece pops out easily and takes seconds to clean. You’re looking at about a minute of effort. Clean up of concentrates takes a little more time than for loose leaf but such is life.
Here is a deeper look at some the key features of the only vape you’ll ever need, Mr./Mrs. Bond:
- The Firefly Vapor mobile app: Easy to use, the Firefly Vapor app takes things to a whole new level. Name your device, change the heating profile, decide which sensor activates the Firefly² and monitor the battery life. It’s all there in this user-friendly Firefly app.
- Adjustable Heating Profiles: Different elements within cannabis, for example, are released at different temperatures. The Firefly App allows you to change what Firefly Vapor calls “heating profiles” in order to enjoy the flavors and elements you’re looking specifically for. Low – 340F. Medium Low – 360F. Medium – 380F. Medium High (Default) – 400F. High – 420F and Concentrates – 500F. Warning: Putting Flower on Concentrates setting will cause combustion.
- Improved Vapor Flow Control: The first thing anyone who tries the Firefly² remarks on is the air flow. It’s superb. The original Firefly had five punched holes in the bottom of the bowl through which the heat would flow through. Getting a good pull was very possible but it took some mastery of the device. Firefly² has 55 laser drilled holes in the bottom. The heat is spread out over a wider area creating a more even flow. Here’s the truly awesome part: The heat only passes through the material in the bowl when you draw on it. For those that like only a couple pulls off a bowl at a time but don’t want to waste, this vape’s for you.
- Improved Battery life: The battery takes about 45 minutes to fully charge and lasts a very long time. The first charge I gave it, lasted well into the next day of a busy weekend. The concentrates setting, which burns at 500F, uses the battery up a bit quicker. In my experience, once fully charged, battery life all night or day out isn’t a worry.
- The Magic Tap: Can’t get to your app to check on the battery life? Then just tap the right sensor three times and wait for the flashing blue or red light to tell you what’s up. Five blue blinks and you’re 100% charged. Four is 75% and so on down. How cool is that?
Review Summary: For flower or concentrate, The Firefly² is a superior device that gives users the full range of flavor in their material of choice. A wide range of heating profiles, easy to clean, discreet in public, aesthetically pleasing, and truly portable, the Firefly² is a step into the future of vaping. You don’t need to be James Bond to have a Firefly² but if you love vaping loose leaf tobacco, cannabis flower or concentrate, you should.