10 Ways to Promote Brain Cell Growth as an Adult
Contrary to popular belief, the human brain doesn’t stop growing once we leave childhood. The formation of new cells, known as neurogenesis, plays an important role in protecting our adult brains against neurodegenerative diseases. Here are ten ways you can create the optimal environment for brain cell growth.
1. Start each day with a morning turmeric or ginger root juice.
2. Eliminate saturated fats.
3. Include vitamins such as E, C and B9 in your diet.
4. Exercise for 30 minutes each day.
5. Eliminate refined sugars.
6. Eat a piece of dark chocolate every day.
7. Add dark leafy greens to your diet.
8. Meditate daily.
9. Practice intermittent fasting.
10. Make sure you’re getting enough sleep.